Laser Therapy for Acute and Chronic Injuries
Northern Nevada Chiropractic uses Aspen Laser Systems Laser Therapy to treat sports injuries, acute pain, and heal chronic injuries. Real healing doesn’t occur until muscle fibers, ligaments, or tendons are repaired. Laser Therapy for pain relief stimulates the body’s cells to repair themselves, resulting in healing. It also provides an analgesic effect and reduction of inflammation.
Laser Therapy Special Package: Six treatments for $200
Buy six laser therapy sessions for $200. That’s a 25% savings as opposed to purchasing individual visits. Call to claim this special package today: (775) 829-8686.
Some of the Benefits of Laser Therapy for Pain Relief Include:
- Fast & Effective Pain Relief
- Accelerated Tissue Repair
- Improved Nerve Function
- Surgery Free
- Non-Invasive & Painless
The Aspen system uses technology that has been advanced FDA cleared so the treatments are effective, fast and safe.
Unlike injections and prescription medications which often only mask the symptoms, Laser Therapy treats the source. Laser Therapy delivers light energy units, in the form of photons, to damaged cells. This helps aid the body’s own healing process to reduce inflammation, increase blood flow, stimulate tissue growth, and provide overall accelerated pain relief and healing.
Laser Therapy is also highly effective for post-surgery recovery. Laser Therapy helps to reduce the formation of scar tissue and reduce inflammation while increasing range of motion (ROM). This results in faster recovery and the ability to begin physical therapy sooner.
Common Conditions Treated with Laser Therapy:
- Cervical Strain/Sprain
- Rotator Cuff Strain
- Biceps Tendonitis
- Postural Strain or Overuse
- ITB Syndrome
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow
- Overuse/Repetitive Strain Injuries
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- De Quervain’s Tenosynovtis
Lower Back Pain:
- Mechanical LBP
- Disc Bulge/Herniation
- Jumper’s Knee
- Ligament/Meniscal Injuries
Laser Therapy for Sports Injuries
Non-Surgical Sports Injury Treatment
Many athletes use Laser Therapy for Post Workout Treatments. Laser Therapy improves blood flow in muscles, ligaments, and joints while helping to flush out toxins, speed recovery and minimize muscle soreness. Laser Therapy has also helped thousands of athletes reduce their recovery time and improve their performance. Clinical studies and research using Laser Therapy technology indicate the following 10 beneficial effects of laser therapy on tissues and cells:
- Anti-Inflammation – Laser Therapy has an anti-edemic effect as it causes the blood vessels to dilate, reducing blood pressure, and activates the lymphatic drainage system to drain swollen areas. As a result, there is a reduction in swelling caused by bruising or inflammation.
- Anti-Pain (Analgesic) – Laser Therapy is highly beneficial on nerve cell, which block pain transmitted to the brain and decreases nerve sensitivity. Also, due to less inflammation, there is less edema and less pain.
- Accelerated Tissue Repair and Cell Growth – Photons of light from lasers penetrate deeply into tissue and accelerate cellular reproduction and growth. The laser light increases the energy available to the cell so that the cell can take on nutrients faster and get rid of waste products. As a result of exposure to laser light, the cells of tendons, ligaments and muscles are repaired faster.
- Improved Vascular Activity – Laser light will significantly increase the formation of new capillaries in damaged tissue. This speeds up the healing process, closes wounds quickly and reduces scar tissue. Additional benefits include acceleration of blood vessel development and temporary dilation of the blood vessels.
- Increased Metabolic Activity – Laser Therapy creates higher outputs of specific enzymes, greater oxygen and food particle loads for blood cells.
- Trigger Points and Acupuncture Points – Laser Therapy stimulates muscle trigger points and acupuncture points on a non-invasive basis providing musculoskeletal pain relief.
- Reduced Fibrous Tissue Formation – Laser Therapy reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches or surgery.
- Improved Nerve Function – Slow recovery of nerve functions in damaged tissue can result in numbness and impaired limbs. Laser light speeds up the process of nerve cell reconnection and increases the amount of action potentials to optimize muscle.
- Immunoregulation – Laser light has a direct effect on immunity status by stimulation of immunoglobulins and lymphocytes. Laser Therapy is absorbed by molecule enzymes that react to laser light. The enzyme, flavomono-nucleotide is activated and starts the production of ATP (adenosine-tri-phosphate), which is the major carrier of cell energy and the energy source for all chemical reactions in the cells.
- Faster Wound Healing – Laser light stimulates fibroblast development in damaged tissue. Fibroblasts are the building blocks of collagen, which is predominant in wound healing. Collagen is the essential protein required to replace old tissue or to repair tissue injuries. As a result, Laser Therapy is effective on open wounds and burns.
“I am an active 81 year young woman who had a total knee replacement in February of 2015. Unfortunately, I had a lot of scar tissue issues and, to this day, my new knee has never functioned at 100%. I have lots of discomfort, swelling and can only get about 85% range of motion.
After having tried a number of different treatments – physical therapy, chiropractic, foundation training, acupuncture and active release technique – my research led me to the most amazing chiropractor I have ever seen: Dr. Dan Welch with Northern Nevada Chiropractic in Reno, NV. He offered laser therapy to me which has helped increase circulation and decrease inflammation. With his strong hands manipulating my knee, I am actually getting relief AND the swelling is going down.
If you have any issues that need attention, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Welch and his staff as they have a number of different modalities that might help you.”
– Joannie M.