Custom Orthotics Can Relieve More than Back Pain
Not Your Grandmother’s Orthotics
Orthotics have come a long way in the last decade. No longer do orthotics need to be associated with clunky shoes or burdensome one-size-fits-all inserts. Now there are orthotics that are custom fit to relieve your individual issue, whether that’s chronic headaches, foot pain, lower back pain, or any of the many other body pains rooted in your feet. And there are different styles for different shoes, from stilettos to sandals to work boots.
Often times patients do not realize their pain is stemming from feet that are unsupported. Below is a quick quiz to help you determine if you may be a candidate for custom orthotics. If you answer “yes” to any of the following questions, make an appointment at Northern Nevada Chiropractic. Talk to your doctor about our complimentary digital foot scan using the Foot Levelers’ system during your next visit. This scan uniquely pinpoints areas of stress in your feet and body.
- Do you stand or walk on hard surfaces for more than 4 hours a day?
- Do you participate in any physical sport on a regular basis?
- Are you age 40 or over?
- Have you had a prior injury to your knee, back or neck?
- Do your shoes wear unevenly?
- Do you have joint pain while standing, walking or running?
- Is one of your legs shorter than the other?
- Do you have knock-knees or bow legs?
- Do you have obvious foot problems (e.g. bunions, corns, flat feet, etc.)?
- Do your feet “toe out” when you’re walking?
Functional orthotics are an investment in good postural health. The difference they make can be life changing!